Swedish Blackest & Heaviest Metal Force, DRACENA announces pre-orders for upcoming album & unleashes album cover and track list for their upcoming album "Cursed To The Night" to be released on CD & Cassette on INFERNO Records - Set for October 30th 2017.
Track listing :
01. The Strangeness
02. That You Fear The Most
03. Cursed To The Night
04. Choirs Of Torment
05. Elusive Madness
06. Masque Of Death
07. Inside These Bloodstained Walls
08. The Shadow Of What Once Was
Dracena was spawned in Gothenburg (SWE) during a stormy autumn night in 1994 to be an all female metal band, later dubbed as ”Sweden’s heaviest all-girl band” in the Encyclopedia of Swedish Hard Rock and Heavy Metal.
By creating a mix of various metal genres, ranging from old school classic metal to the power of thrash with a touch of black metal and brought forth by the lyrics of a sinister dark atmosphere of bloodlust and death, Dracena has been described as a cross between Bathory and Mercyful Fate/Venom and Running Wild.
Between 1997 and 2001 Dracena released 3 demos, but in 2002 the band members decided to go separate ways while MiA continued with the band alone.
The debut full length album Infernal Damnation, containing 8 tracks, was independently released as a CD in 2006-06-06. During this studio session Dracena also recorded a cover of W.A.S.P’s Animal (Fuck like a Beast) for the W.A.S.P tribute album to be released by Codiac Records (DEN) in May of 2006 - “Rock Shock Hellions – A tribute to W.A.S.P”
In January 2014 the 4-track MCD Ravenous Bloodlust was released, recorded in Andy La Rocque’s Sonic Train Studios.
The new recording Cursed to the Night is a full length with 8 brand new tracks to be released by Infernö Records 2017. The album was recorded, mixed and mastered in Studio Cave 2016/2017. Drums are played and recorded by Jocke in MediEvil Studios 2016 and all solos and lead melodies are played and recorded by Fredrik Folkare (Unleashed/Firespawn) in Chrome Studios 2017.
Ola Malmström from Sorcery (SWE) is guest vocalist on “The Shadow of What Once Was”
During the years Dracena made live appearances supporting bands like Lord Belial, Agathodaimon, Ancient, Sacramentum, Ancients Rebirth and Siebenbürgen as well as the 2 Heavy 4 You festival in 2001.
DRACENA's music is best described as a mix of Heavy & Black Metal - recommended for fans of Bathory, Mercyful Fate, Dissection, Venom, Running Wild, Iron Maiden...
Mastermind MIA about the new album :
"There will be blood, there will be pain… there will be darkness and death… We are excited to announce our 3rd album, "Cursed To The Night", which will soon be released by Infernö Records. "Cursed To The Night" is a classic Dracena-release with a raw and brutal metal mixing of various old school metal genres. All the songs are written to create a short story about bloodlust and death, torment and pain, strange creatures transforming into darkness, cursed to the night to spend eternity inside the bloodstained walls…"
About "Cursed To The Night" :
- Recorded, mixed and mastered by Pontus ”Punchy” Ekwall at Studio Cave - Fagersta 2016/2017
- All drums and additional vocals on “The Shadow of What Once Was” was recorded by Jocke at MediEvil Studios - Uppsala 2016/2017
- Lead solos and melodies was recorded and played by Fredrik Folkare at Chrome Studios - Stockholm 2017
- Special Guest appearances: Fredrik Folkare (Unleashed/Firespawn): Lead solos and melodies & Ola Malmström (Sorcery): Additional vocals on “The Shadow of What Once Was”
DRACENA are :
MiA : Vocals, Guitar & Bass
Jocke : Drums
Demo ´97 (Studio Lobster 1997)
- released 1997, Lim. Ed. 100 copies MC demo
Demonic Women (Los Angered Recordings 1999)
- released 1999, CDR demo
- released by Bloodstone Entertainment 1999, Lim. Ed. 300 copies 7" red vinyl
Labyrinth of Darkness (Terrordome 2001)
- released 2001, CDR demo
Infernal Damnation (Hellbound Recordings / Brutaliator Studios 2004)
- released independently 2006 CD
Ravenous Bloodlust (Sonic Train Studios 2013)
- released independently 2014 MCD
- released by Unholy Fire Records 2017 Lim. Ed. 100 copies MC
Cursed to the Night (Studio Cave / Chrome Studios / MediEvil Studios 2016/2017)
- released by Infernö Records 2017 CD and Lim. Ed. 100 copies MC